Dr. Marc Tinsley’s Customer Service Commitment to Meeting Planners
IN PREPARATION, I WILL
- Be available to discuss plans for my keynotes or workshops.
- Know what your organization does and why it does it.
- Know why I am there and have a specific plan to accomplish your goals for my presentation.
- Know the theme of your meeting and relate my presentation to it.
- Know why your people would want to hear what I have to say on the chosen topic.
- Coordinate with other speakers or the speaker’s bureau to assure your goals are met.
- Notify you in advance of my travel itinerary.
ON-SITE, I WILL
- Notify you when I arrive on site and contact you immediately should any serious delays occur.
- Be accessible to you from the time I arrive until I leave.
- Tell you the truth 100% of the time.
- Be well rested the night before my speech.
- Be reasonable and considerate in my use of room charges and incidental expenses.
- Be in the meeting room for a sound check at least 30 minutes before I speak.
- Coordinate with the set-up crew and other presenters to make sure my needs fit your overall needs.
- Stay out of the way until it is my turn to speak.
- Study your audience and the other speakers to align my message with them.
- Be dressed appropriately for the venue.
- Provide an easy, brief introduction and be available to coach my introducer.
- Make suggestions to the crew as to how to maximize audience impact through creative use of lights, sound or staging.
- Be in the room, seated and visible to you even before my introduction begins.
DURING MY PRESENTATION, I WILL
- Walk on stage cheerfully and open my speech with energy and purpose.
- Never use off-color language or material.
- Interact constantly with the audience and involve them through questions, a show of hands, eye contact and exercises as appropriate.
- Present well-researched, profound information.
- Use stories and humor liberally.
- Use appropriate slides and audio clips or video clips to enhance the look, feel and impact of my speech.
- React maturely, good-naturedly and flexibly to any problems that arise. This includes: audio visuals, lights, sounds, emergencies, etc.
- Never be rude to an audience member.
- Allow for questions and comments from the audience during my presentation.
- Summarize my points and give ways to remember my key points.
- Relate my points to your organization and people.
- Never abuse my assignment by turning my speech into a sales pitch.
- Only offer my books and tapes if approved or requested in advance.
- Stick to my time frame and adjust if needed.
AFTER MY PRESENTATION, I WILL
- Stay around after my speech briefly to answer questions or hear comments.
- Check out and depart with minimal effort to you.
- Itemize my expenses and bill you promptly after the speech.
- Provide receipts as needed.
- Promptly fill any orders for my products.
- Send a copy of my email newsletter for each audience member as a follow-up, if desired.
- Suggest strategies to continue the impact of my message during follow-up.
- Never disclose any sensitive information about your organization.
- Be willing to accept personal phone calls or email to follow up on the speech from individual audience members or executives.
I will deliver an exceptional presentation in a highly professional manner.
Contact us to find out how to bring Dr. Tinsley’s powerful message to your organization.
Dr. Marc Tinsley
(412) 445 – 9775